Sunday, September 5, 2010

Newer isn't always better, but in this case it is ...!

A new season of blogging has dawned. No longer the flashy sights and sounds of the 2010 World Cup, but rather the insightful looks at what the most important person in the world is doing in and around me. Having landed in Colorado Springs to begin my first year on the CBC campus, it has slowly become reality that, not only is something I have dreamed about for the major part of my life busy unravelling, but also that it could be the beginning of an entire new way of life for me.

God hasn't called me to bible school to become more religious or critical of other beliefs. He has called me here for the soul purpose of meeting Him, through the word that is taught here, through the people that are circulating here and through the beautiful surroundings. Never before have I been put in a position of one hundred percent reliance on Him. The situation I find myself in, however, is both challenging but also very necessary at the same time. Challenging due to the fact that my faith is being stretched, but necessary because learning to trust God doesn't come from always trusting your own potential!

This, hopefully, sets the tone for the posts to come and also the general theme the blog will be taking handling over the next while. Check out the pictures below from my first few days here. These were all t-shirts worn by my housemates over the last 48 hours, all independent of one another!

A new day, a new place, a new challenge ... same God!

Lifeguard: Mine Walks on Water
<><>
<>
<><><><>
No need to translate!
Until next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment